Do you have the passion for technology and have a creative mindset?
NSR is seeking a creative, out-of-box data visualization designer to join us as a key member of the Marketing Team to enhance visual aesthetics and user experience across multiple deliverables. The position requires solid visual design and troubleshooting skills, as well as an eye for detail to successfully integrate the design concepts into the final deliverables.
The Information Designer position will connect NSR’s Marketing and Analyst Teams to create engaging visualizations and designs throughout NSR’s product portfolio. Responsibilities will also include development of project-specific images, proposal support, and corporate presentations, and public-facing infographics. Visualizations will include charts, maps, and other visual content needed to convey the meaning and messages behind various NSR data sources for reports, presentations, dashboards, and other communications needs. This role reports to the Marketing Director.
This is a Full-time position.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Organize & format report data and other information into a cohesive story through data visualization and infographics for company
- Working on all NSR annual MC Report Final Deliverables
- Perform duties consistent with full understanding of NSR’s and contractual requirements, policies, procedures, tools, and quality standards
- Provide data visualization support to a variety of Analyst teams
- Work with reporting technologies to develop and communicate analysis output through reports and interactive dashboards for both technical and non-technical users
- Solve data visualization and communications challenges in a variety of formats including infographics, charts, diagrams, and maps.
- Research and recommend hardware and software to improve core data visualization deliverables and expand services
- Ability to design across multiple platforms
- Implement consistent corporate branding via style guides and product templates
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-3 years of professional design experience working in the field of data visualization/information design
- Experience with data visualization software such as Tableau, Qlik Sense or PowerBI
- Advanced knowledge of and experience using Adobe Cloud software
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Excel & PPT – and the 365 Suite
- Proficient programming skills using languages like Python, R or SQL to access, clean, and transform data to support reporting and analysis
- Demonstrated knowledge of PC and Mac hardware/software programs
- The ability to effectively take direction and work both collaboratively and autonomously
- Excellent visual, written, and verbal communication skills,
- Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize, solve problems creatively, and work under tight deadlines
- Passion for Data-centric Communications.
- A strong electronic portfolio with a variety of samples
Those wishing to submit an application for the NSR Information Designer position are asked to provide a cover letter, link to digital portfolio, and resume/CV.
In judging applicants NSR will look for individuals who are not only highly motivated and competent, but who have demonstrated an ability of working independently and who have previous experience in graphic design and data visualization.
Please submit a resume/CV, cover letter, and link to digital portfolio via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please.