“Direct-to-device (D2D) may be the buzz, but backhaul is still the biz,” sums up some satellite operator sentiment concerning telecom-satcom convergence during a panel at the recently concluded Satellite 2023 industry event. While satellite D2D dominates conversations at broad connectivity industry events, satellite cellular backhaul has come a long way in the telecom-satcom convergence. The.
Oil and Gas players are looking to optimize and increase productivity across their operations – which is largely built on data capture, processing, and action. In the Middle East and Africa, digitalization within the energy industry is rapidly transforming the sector. This digitalization is creating focused on moving data from remote locations, congesting existing GEO-centric.
Government spending and partnerships in space have helped to decrease the digital divide within Middle East & Africa (MEA). Despite those efforts, according to the ITU, only 13% of Africa’s population has connectivity. In reaching the other 87% in Africa and the Middle East, the region will see a 4.5x growth in annual revenues from.
Research firm Northern Sky Research (NSR), which specializes in the satellite communications market, is bullish on satellite-to-cellular connectivity and believes it could be a big opportunity for satellite companies to reach billions of new customers. NSR estimates that the service will deliver as much as $66.8 billion in 10-year cumulative revenues for the satellite industry..
Examining the Changing Dynamics for Satellite Constellations Established satellite operators, SES and Eutelsat, joined panelists from SpaceX, emerging constellation provider Mangata Networks and network orchestration player Aalyria, in a lively debate on the viability of constellations businesses, the state of competition, the merits of vertical integration and the role of cloud infrastructure in changing the.