Wireless Backhaul via Satellite: The Battleground between FSS & HTS
NSR’s longest-running coverage of wireless backhaul via satellite reveals a market filled with potential but faced with increasing internal and external competition. Within the satellite industry, new HTS capacity from the likes of Intelsat EPIC and others stands to change the cost equation for mobile operators and truly enable data-rich mobile services. Given the HTS game change supporting 3G or even 4G services, HTS capacity may be poised to reap the benefits of the ever-changing, highly-demanding and fast evolving requirements of wireless subscribers.
However, the predicted demise of traditional FSS capacity may be premature. While discussion centers on enabling data-centric mobile applications, the satellite industry has mostly been supported 2G/2.5G deployments to date alongside revenue heavyweights such as voice/SMS. And here, traditional C-/Ku-band capacity has a large role to play both now and in the future.
This FREE webinar discusses and examines the role and opportunities for satellite technology in terms of solutions that are the best fit in the wireless backhaul, trunking and video offload markets.
This FREE webinar answers the following critical questions:
- What are the key end user trends and requirements in the wireless industry such as 3G/LTE that the satellite industry needs to address in order to tap emerging opportunities?
- Is this the beginning of the end for Traditional FSS capacity in serving wireless backhaul, trunking and video offload?
- What is the value proposition of using Traditional FSS and in using HTS? How will this competition play out around the world?
- Is all HTS capacity created equal?
- Is video offload a real opportunity the satellite industry can target?
If you are in any of the organizations below, this is a must-view webinar:
- Satellite Operators
- Satellite Service Providers
- Satellite Equipment Manufacturers
- Mobile & Cellular Service Providers and Equipment Manufacturers
- Wi-Fi and WiMAX Market Players
- National Telephony Operators
- Wireless Trade Associations
- Anyone seeking to understand the dynamics of wireless backhaul via satellite market
To view this webinar content, please e mail firstname.lastname@example.org